Mobile Public Library Internet Use Policy
The Mobile Public Library offers access to the Internet to further our mission and to provide a broad range of information resources. We offer use of computers, internet access and printing to the public with no library card required. The Library also provides wireless internet at all locations.
- Logging in:
On our computers, no library card is necessary just choose your own login ID. Make sure you remember what you used to log in. You may need it later to print.
- Computer Session:
Once you have logged in you will see in a small box the number of minutes you have left in your session. If you need more time, and as long as there are no reservations pending, ask staff for assistance.
- Computer assistance:
The library staff offers assistance with logging in to a computer, locating programs and solving technical difficulties, but cannot provide in-depth individual instruction. To help you, the library offers a variety of computer classes, has tutorials on our Youtube page and houses reference manuals for many programs.
- Saving your work:
When creating your own documents, save your work often. Save your documents onto your own thumb drive or email yourself a copy before the end of your session. Most library locations sell thumb drives at the checkout desk.
- Printing: Black and white printing is $.10 per page. Color printing is $.50 per page.
- Conversations and phone calls: Please limit conversations and noise while at the computers and use language appropriate to all listeners.
- Beverages: You may enjoy beverages with a secure lid around the computers.
- Fax services: Sending a fax to local, long distance and toll-free numbers is $1 per page. Cover pages are free.
- Computers available for public use at every location.
- Internet access with Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office 2007 including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Educational games for kids
- Adobe Reader