Curbside Holds Pickup
The Mobile Public Library is pleased to be able to once again offer access to our physical collections with Curbside Holds Pickup. We are now offering curbside pickup on holds for books, DVDs, CDs, and other items. Although all library locations are still closed to the public, patrons now have the opportunity to place items on hold and pick up those items when available at Curbside Holds Pickup locations.
Available Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., at most library locations. Saturday Curbside Holds Pickup is available at Main and West. See a detailed list of locations and times in the F.A.Q. below.
How do I use the Curbside Holds Pickup?
Request library items to be put on hold and choose one of our MPL locations for pick up. To request, use the online catalog, our MPL To Go app (iOS or Android) or call for more assistance.
You will be notified by text, email or phone when your items are ready to be picked up. This may take a few days or longer depending on demand.
When you arrive at the library, follow all signs to the pickup area and give us a call.
Your holds will be brought out by "No Contact Delivery." We are temporarily waiving checkout fees on DVDs and games - no money will be exchanged at Curbside Holds Pickup. Existing fines and fees can be paid online or in the MPL To Go app (iOS or Android.)
You must return any library items to our book drops.
When and where will Curbside Holds Pickup be available?
- Ben May Main Library, 701 Government Street, (251) 340-1535, Mondays - Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Monte L. Moorer/Spring Hill Branch Library, 4 S McGregor Ave, (251) 494-4140, Mondays - Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Parkway Branch Library, 1924-B Dauphin Island Pkwy, (251) 494-4454, Mondays - Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saraland Public Library, 111 Saraland Loop, (251) 675-2879, Mondays - Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Semmes Regional Library, 9150 Moffett Road, (251) 494-4935, Mondays - Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Theodore Oaks Branch Library, 5808 Highway 90 West, Suite E., (251) 662-9676, Mondays - Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Virginia Dillard Smith/Toulminville Branch Library, 601 Stanton Road, (251) 494-4982, Mondays - Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- West Regional Library, 5555 Grelot Road, (251) 340-8555, Mondays - Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Who can use Curbside Holds Pickup?
All Mobile Public Library card holders in good standing can use Curbside Holds Pickup. You must have your library card number and you must have items on hold that are ready to be picked up. To get a temporary library card call us or apply here. Existing fines and fees can be paid online or in the MPL To Go app (iOS or Android.)
How many items can I pick up using Curbside Holds Pickup?
Patrons can request holds on up to 25 items at one time. Each account is still limited to 75 total check-outs, with DVD checkouts limited to 12 and games limited to 2 at a time.
How do I return library materials?
You may return your library materials to the book drops. However, it is not necessary to return items until the libraries reopen.
Will I be fined if I am unable to return library materials during the closure?
No, you will not accrue fines for materials during the library closure. We will extend all due dates until the library reopens.
Are there any other library resources or services available?
Yes. The library provides a wide array of digital offerings, including e-books, audiobooks, magazines, and streaming movies - learn more here. Print, copy and fax services are not available until we reopen.
I have a question about my account. Is there anyone that can help me?
Yes. If you have any questions about your account or how to access digital resources please contact one of our locations.
I'm not sure what to read next. Can I get a recommendation from a librarian?
Yes. Fill out and submit our short Your Next Book questionnaire and one of our librarians will create a customized reading list for you.
I have a question and need some information not related to Curbside Holds Pickup. Is there anyone who can help?
Yes. If you have a question on any topic please contact one of our locations.
If you are interested in learning a new skill, fill out and submit our short Your Next Skill
questionnaire and our librarians will contact you with suggestions on where to start.