cloudLibrary ON SURFACE TABLETS & WINDOWS RT DEVICES
NO COMPATIBLE APP FOR THIS DEVICE YET.
cloudLibrary is working on a compatible app for these devices, but we do not have a timeline on when that may be complete.
You should be able to transfer a book from your computer to your device using these steps.
Setup on Device
Install the Nook Reader app from your Windows app store. At this time, we are not aware of any other compatible reader apps for these devices.
Setup on Computer
Log in to the software using your library card number.
The software will prompt you to make a choice about Adobe Authentication. Either choice is okay for your device at this time.
Now you are ready to check out a book, then transfer it to the device.
- Download the appropriate version of the cloudLibrary software to your computer.
Transfer to Device
- In your cloudLibrary software, open each book once (by clicking the cover) to ensure it is fully downloaded to the computer.
- On the computer, navigate to this folder--it is where cloudLibrary has stored the downloaded ebooks: Start->Documents->My Digital Editions
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Pull up the device's storage. You should look in the storage for an appropriate place to put the ebooks, and open that folder. The best option is always the Digital Editions folder if you have one. Another good choice could be Media.
- Drag & drop or copy & paste the ebooks files (listed like "title of book.epub") from the computer My Digital Editions folder to the selected folder on your device.
- Eject the device from the computer.
- Use the reader app to open the book. The book may automatically show in the app's list of books, or you may need to open it from storage.