Impact America offers free in-person tax prep through their SaveFirst program. This is limited to households earning up to $55,000 with children, or up to $20,000 without children. Call 1-888-99-TAX-AL (1-888-998-2925) to make an appointment.
The locations available in Mobile to meet with your tax preparer are the West Regional Library and Bishop State Community College.
Please bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
- Social security cards for all members of your household, including children
- Photo identification for taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly)
- All W-2s
- All 1098 and 1099 Forms, if you received them
- Tax return from last year (preferred but not mandatory)
- Bank account number AND routing number, if you would like to electronically deposit your refund
- A list of who in your household had insurance and for what months of 2018, as well as any insurance-related tax forms you may have received
- Any other documents listing sources of income for the year
- Anything else you received from the IRS